Sunday, July 13, 2008

Welcome



Welcome to my blog site. On this site I will be posting my thoughts on education, travel and important events and occasions.

Currently I am on sabbatical leave for ten weeks. The first three weeks of this leave I am sharing with a well respected colleague, Maurie Abraham from Opotiki College (he told me to say this!-link to his blog is "Principalpossum" is on the side bar).

The first ten days we spent on a Principal Leadership Programme at Harvard University. This was followed by a few days in New York. Presently we are in Philadephia attending the wedding of a friend of Maurie's. After this we return to Boston for a conference, "Building Learning Communities", return to New York for a few days and then fly out to London.

In England we are joined by our wives, and then travel to Liverpool to discuss changes in education in the borough of Knowsley with educational officials.

From here Dallas and I will travel to London to catch up with our nephews, to Norfolk to see an old school friend of Dallas'. Then we travel to the South of France to stay with my nephew's in-laws. We then travel on around Aix en Province, to Italy and the Cinque de Terre area, a week in a villa in Tuscany, a few days in Rome and the to Singapore. We are joined again by Maurie and his wife Leigh in Italy.

In Singapore we visit a few schools and talk to principals of leading Singapore schools. Dallas and I will have a week in Malaysia with our friends Nick and Heather, return to Singapore and then fly out to New Zealand.

back in new Zealand I will be left with a couple of weeks to write up my sabbatical leave report and catch up with a few tasks around home after being away for ten weeks.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Dad,

Glad to see you are enjoying everything despite your cold. New York is great, isn't it?! New York is famous for its cocktail bars so I hope you were able to find a strong Manhattan Ice Tea to kill off any bugs!

Finlay's completely over all bugs he had and so is practicing walking a lot more. His teachers tell me he is very artistic so I plan to get a canvas this weekend and we will do some painting together. Should be fun (and messy!).

Take care and enjoy your next foray into Europe.

Maria x

Terry said...

Hi Maria

We are having a great time. Looking forward to Dallas coming over. I am pleased Finlay is better. really mssing you all, and the kids. I realise what a big part of our lives they all are when we are away. They will look more grown up when we see them next.

Lots of love

Dad