Thursday, September 4, 2008

1-4 September-Back to Life in NZ

Dallas was off to work this morning and I set about sorting out things at home. Six weeks of mail arrived about 8.30am and it took me the rest of the morning sorting through it all. Later I spent time cleaning up around the section and starting to sort out what needs to be done if the weather eventually clears up.

Tuesday and it was time to visit the bank, hairdresser, supermarket and Farmlands.

Wednesday morning I met with the college's project manager to catch up on progress with new building projects at the college. Having sorted all of this I visited the college and caught up with Tina, Russell, Ady and Reece-great to catch up with them all and see that they are all in good spirit after such a wet and stormy winter. Tina has done a great job running the college while I have been away and she has had to manage a number of tricky situations (standard fare for the job, but none the less can be stressful and need careful management). I will catch p with them again next Tuesday when I go in for a meeting with the builders and architect building the new block.

Meanwhile, with a little spare time, dallas is able to come home each night to culinary delights lovingly prepared!

Disappointing news Thursday morning when Tina rang to tell me that the senior management offices had been broken into and that they all had their laptops stolen. This is really frustrating and upsetting for them, as true to form, most of their work was stored on their laptop and not on the school's network. We discussed a few other issues that Tina is dealing with, but she has got it all sorted.

The pleasures of this time away from school-had lunch in town today with Dallas and Maria. How come there are so many other people doing the same thing? They should be working. Nick's favoured comment when driving in KL during the middle of the day and dealing with the traffic jams, "why aren't all of these people at work? I am sure that they all follow me from their offices onto the motorways and city roads". Paranoia creeping in.

This afternoon I started to put together my sabbatical report and update my blog and have a read of Maurie's. I now have this amazing screen saver of holiday pics from France, Italy , Singapore and Malaysia.

2 comments:

Ariadne aka Marilyn said...

I have enjoyed reading a different perspective on The Sabbatical trip. Good luck with implementing the new ideas into your school.

Unknown said...

You've certainly been busy. Don't do too much school stuff yet! Bummer about the laptops. Don't forget to check out my wiki and comment on it.
(Missing you)