Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shanghai 26 November-Seminar Day

Sui Lei pleased seminar is finished
Seminar Room-Radisson Hotel

Area Chairperson-very important person
Chairperson, Putou Education District

After the official welcome this morning by the Chairperson of the Putou Education Department, and the Chairperson of the District and a number of other speeches, the seminars got under way.

I was pleased that I was second, after a Chinese Principal who spoke about the importance of work sheets!..I was then able to relax and enjoy the rest of the day listening to others. I confused poor Sui Lei by having a Maori introduction, but she took it all in good heart and we had a bit of fun. My presentation seemed to have gone down well and many were interested in getting a copy of the resource from me at the end. For some reason many of the questions at the end were directed to me as well, and I tried where I could to involve the others by asking them what their thoughts were on the question asked.

That night, in the bus and off to another banquet, and "much" more gambays...we were also given a very heavy present from the district related to the world trade fair that is happening in Shanghai in 2010-not sure what it is as it is beautifully wrapped so have left it until I get home.

No comments: